Buckwheat Pumpkin Risotto
- 2 cups NuVitality Raw Buckwheat
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin puree or mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place oil in a pot and heat on medium then add onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add buckwheat and sauté for a further 5 minutes, stirring.
- Now begin to add stock one cup at a time, stirring often until all liquid is absorbed. Then add the next cup and repeat the step. Continue this until all stock has been added to the pot.
- Add pumpkin and combine well, then toss through the spinach leaves for cook for a further 1-2 minutes until they are wilted. Serve with Parmesan.