4 as a side
1 hour 15 mins
Bourghal, Beetroot & Sumac Warm Salad with Feta and Walnuts
Serves 4 as a side
- 6 small beetroot, cut into eight wedges
- 1 cup NuVitality Course Bourghal
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbs sumac
- 100g feta, crumbled
- ¾ cup NuVitality Californian Walnuts
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, roughly torn
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of one lemon
- Place bourghal into a saucepan with water, place a lid onto the saucepan and simmer on low for 30 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Remove lid and set aside once cooked.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place beetroot onto a baking paper lined tray. Bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Once the bourghal and beetroot are cooked, place everything including remaining ingredients into a large bowl, combine well and serve warm.